eX-members' of ntcc Blogspot

A safe place for Xers to share their stories and heal.

A place to learn what it's really like in the ntcc founded by Rodger Wilson Davis;
and run by his son-in-law, Michael Craig Kekel,
the father of the one vasectomy-rule-exception kid in ntcc, Grant Davison Kekel.

He Loves A House More Than God: Bonco Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r)

He Loves A House More Than God:  Bonco Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r)
"He loves a house more than God:" *Bonco* Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r). Meanwhile, on the mission field: ntcc Missionaries to the Philippines "Rev. and Sis. Mackert ... found a place, 9 feet by 14 feet [9'x14'] and one bathroom. It is on the 6th floor and there is no elevator. The last place they had stayed, they had to share a common bathroom with the other tenants! Yikes! This place has their very own private bathroom, although the Rev. shared there is no seat on the throne, and no way to attach one…." from The Devonshire Files Sunday, May 28, 2006 Visit from the Mackerts (5/06). ** Should you know where the money ($$$$$) goes? **

Jesus In The Temple

Matt 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, Matt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Gal. 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Skip To Blue Letter Bible Search Tool

Podcasts For Desktop Users

Thursday, April 25, 2013

In Loving Memory of Jean Keys

We just found out from our dear friend, Ted Keys, that his wife and best friend, Jean Keys had passed away earlier this year on February 28th.  Ange and I both were with Ted and Jean during our stay in Colorado Springs while stationed at Ft. Carson, Colorado.  Ted and Jean Keys were a great example of what real love was all about.  For those that knew them, it was very hard not to love and admire them.  They were always the easiest people to get along with; and they were so much fun to be around.  Jean would always smile and have a glow about her no matter what she was doing.  She brought so much balance to the Servicemen's home; and you could always expect good food and good times when she was there.  But she was more than just a Pastor's wife to many of us that knew her.  She was an example of the joy and love that a Christian should always have; and it was all natural and real.  You never got the impression that she was just going through the motions.  She was a shining light and will be remembered as such by those whose lives she touched.  Of all the married couples that I've known there were none that were better examples of what love between a man and his wife should be.  They truly and deeply loved each other; and their example was the best I've ever seen.  



To those that were fortunate enough to have been around Ted and Jean: we hope that your life was enriched by them as much as ours was.  They have a son that is a young man.  Jean told us some awesome and inspirational things about him, sharing her pride and love for him. We know that it must be very difficult for both husband and son to have suffered such a loss. Please keep them in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. But also, though we miss our loved one, we take comfort in the knowledge that one day we will all be together again with the Lord.

Jean told me something one time that has stayed with me through all these years.  It was a simple statement that I believe she lived and that became a part of me.  She gave me one of those Wild Coyote smiles and said, "Seek His face."  I've thought of that command and Jean often over the years, especially as I would sing that old hymn,

"Oh I want to see Him
Look upon His face
There to sing forever
Of of His saving grace
On the streets of glory
Let me lift my voice
Cares all past
Home at last
Ever to rejoice!"

Jean would sing it with such gusto, you just knew it was a reality for her.  I'm sure she never wanted to leave behind her beloved Bears; but she's home now; and all her cares are past.  She'll be waiting with the Lord when it's our turn to join them.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMg!! Don N Ange, I am so shocked!! I got to work with the Keys while in the Philippines. Her and I had a great time together. We use to play bat mitten. Ted and I use to play checkers. They were fun as you said. I was so thrilled when they had Teddy. They were definitely great examples of true Christians. She could careless about material things,she truly loved God. Please give my condolences to Ted for me.

Deborah

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear of the loss. I didn't know them.

I do appreciate the You Tube of the song in there - it was so nice to hear the correct version of it and not the rush mode that ntcc performs it in. It allows the true meaning to come out in real time vs. rush to hurry and get everyone to 'feel good'.

Still Brother Armer said...

I remember our fellowship; and the kindness and generosity of their folks who came to visit in Graham. May God keep you all; untill we see Him;
and see each other; again.

All our love

Don and Ange said...

Deborah,

She was definitely real. What you seen was what you got, and we will always be grateful to have shared a year of our lives with Ted and Jean. There are some people that you try to separate the bad from the good and remember only the good, but with them, it was all good.

Don and Ange said...

Kat,

I guess back in the day, fast = feel good. We sang the same 10 or 12 songs memorized over and over as fast as we could sing them. I guess it was a joyful noise, but it's nice sometimes to slow things down and enjoy them.

Don and Ange said...

Bro. Armer said:

May God keep you all;, untill we see Him: and see each other ; again.

DnA say:

Amen, Brother!

Don and Ange said...

To this day when I get excited about something, I say Ooligah!!!! Ooligah is the town where Ted was from and we would joke about it saying oo oo ooligah! I know it sounds stupid but now when something goes my way and I get excited I sometimes shout out Ooligah!

Edward said...

Rev. Keys was my pastor when I first went to Germany in 1993. I am so sad to hear of Sister Keys passing away. If anyone has Rev. Keys info please pass it to me or give him my info. My email address is edward.bellamy@gxs.com

Bro. Bellamy

Don and Ange said...

Brother Bellamy,

We will pass along your info to Bro. Keys. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you.

DnA

Angela said...

Ange says,

One time we went to the park up the road from the South Circle Dr. ntcc church in Colorado Springs. Jean and I were swinging on the swings, talking. I briefly looked away right at the moment when Jean got off her swing. She took a few extra exaggerated steps, pretending to have hopped off the swing. I thought it looked fun and promptly hopped off mine too. We were both surprised when my skirt ended up around my elbows. :-p Wearing skirts was still a relatively new venture in my life at that time, so I didn't realize that result until it was too late. Jean was laughing and asking why I did that. I told her, "Well, you did." She laughed some more and explained she was only pretending to have jumped off. "OH!" I must have missed the pretending part... I think that's when I earned my induction into the Wild Coyote club. ;-)

Anonymous said...

i was with Ed and Rev. Keys in Germany, pass along my info as well.
Thanks.
realc4ever@gmail.com

Don and Ange said...

We sent on your e-mail info. :-)

Anonymous said...

I was of Rev. Keys!!!
Under his ministry in Ft. Cartoon, Germany, NTCC priest training. I will never forget their love for a GI far far away!!! Their love for us is what made me serve GOD and keep attending service!!!
Will always love them for that!!!

Tour NTCC Videos -- A Playlist

HOPCC EXPOSED Ron Denis' "House of Prayer" AKA "Denis' Den of Thieves"

HOPCC EXPOSED Ron Denis' "House of Prayer" AKA "Denis' Den of Thieves"
HOPCC / [Assembly of Prayer] Exploitation Exposed Click Picture To Learn More

Recent Posts

_______________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________