eX-members' of ntcc Blogspot

A safe place for Xers to share their stories and heal.

A place to learn what it's really like in the ntcc founded by Rodger Wilson Davis;
and run by his son-in-law, Michael Craig Kekel,
the father of the one vasectomy-rule-exception kid in ntcc, Grant Davison Kekel.

He Loves A House More Than God: Bonco Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r)

He Loves A House More Than God:  Bonco Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r)
"He loves a house more than God:" *Bonco* Mansions of kekel (l) and davis (r). Meanwhile, on the mission field: ntcc Missionaries to the Philippines "Rev. and Sis. Mackert ... found a place, 9 feet by 14 feet [9'x14'] and one bathroom. It is on the 6th floor and there is no elevator. The last place they had stayed, they had to share a common bathroom with the other tenants! Yikes! This place has their very own private bathroom, although the Rev. shared there is no seat on the throne, and no way to attach one…." from The Devonshire Files Sunday, May 28, 2006 Visit from the Mackerts (5/06). ** Should you know where the money ($$$$$) goes? **

Jesus In The Temple

Matt 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, Matt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Gal. 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Skip To Blue Letter Bible Search Tool

Podcasts For Desktop Users

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Casey Hayes: Why I Left NTCC

true story
Why I Left NTCC
Thread Link:
http://truestoriesoflifeinthentcc.blogspot.com/2009/04/why-i-left-ntcc.html

4/01/2009
Why I left NTCC
By Casey Hayes
Thread #12


I want to explain to everyone why I left ntcc and why I am speaking out against them now. I was in ntcc from 1982 – 2006. Most of those years were as an ordained minister in good standing. When I first left ntcc in 2006, I just wanted to go away quietly, and not say anything negative. But after exhaustively reading all the complaints against ntcc, studying the issues, and talking to people firsthand—I am absolutely convinced that ntcc is a seriously messed up church organization; that it uses cult tactics to manipulate and control it’s preachers and their families; and that their main purpose is to make Davis and the Kekels incredibly rich.

I left ntcc, because I was completely disillusionedwith the whole organization, especially the leaders. It became very evident to me that 24 years of loyal service didn’t amount to a hill of beans, and that I would always be broke and in poverty if I remained in ntcc any longer.

Me, my wife and my two kids had just come back from 3 years of intense hardship in Puerto Rico. Although, the church eventually gave us some support there, it was lukewarm support, and Rev. Olson made it very clear that the church could not “afford” to help us more. I won’t go into the details here, but I will say that I sold my house and cars to go to PR, and spent $8000 of my OWN money. In the 3 years we lived there, we had NO furniture—and were broke most of the time. I even got very sick down there (so sick I couldn’t work), but the leadership of ntcc acted like they didn’t care. All they cared about was—church reports and offerings. We were the Fourth couple to go to Puerto Rico (Medina, Casanova & Ramirez went before us), and that ALL the previous couples had also gone through intense financial problems down there, with lukewarm support, if any. It also became very apparent that Rev. Olson (who I have always looked up to), could not make ONE decision, no matter how minor, without getting permission from Davis. I thought he was CEO?

When I got back from PR I was physically, emotionally and spiritually drained. The church gave us a cold welcome. Some of you know what I am talking about.Now, friends of mine were happy to see me, but the leadership’s reception was a lot cooler. I had no possessions, no car, no nothing. But, what shocked me the most was how incredibly wealthy the Kekels and Davis were. Here we were basically starving (as are the missionaries in Panama and elsewhere), but the leaders are living in plush luxury. Olson said the church didn’t have the money to help us properly, but it is because the majority of the money is siphoned off to support the lifestyles of Davis and his family. Is this really what God had in mind? Is this really supported by the Bible? No way! As far as I’m concerned, ntcc is nothing but a big sham, and Davis is just a spiritual conman, who has duped a lot of people into giving all their money and time to make him and his daughter rich. Don’t tell me it’s God blessing, because it’s not. Anyone can guilt trip thousands of people into giving them 10% of their money and then live like kings. God has nothing to do with it.

Let me tell you the thing that pushed me to leave ntcc.Tanya and her mother were constantly coming up to me before and after church to tell me how much they were praying for me. At first I appreciated it, but after a couple of weeks it started getting annoying. I thought, “Why don’t your husbands come up to me?” Why the wives?But, it was basically, “Be ye warmed and filled…” while they went back to their mansions. Well, Tanya felt sorry for me so she gave me a bag full of old towels and sheets.They were wore out and had a hole in them, but I had nothing, so I gratefully took them. The next day I get in my $800 car and am driving down the street, when Tanya drives by in a brand new BMW 745!! That’s like a $100,000 car! It was then that I knew I had absolutely no value to ntcc. After 24 years of faithful service, I was worth a bag of old towels. You or me would have flipped someone $20 and said, go buy yourself some towels and sheets, but not the leadership of ntcc. They weren’t going to part with a penny of their wealth to help anyone, even though their sole income is from the tithes and offerings that you an I give. I calculated that I have given ntcc about $85,000 in tithe over the years. Doesn’t that count for anything? No way. Soon after that I see Mike Kekel tooling around in a brand new convertible Mercedes sports car ($65,000). Their son’s private schooling cost $18,000+ a year. You really get the impression that the Kekels have more money than they know what to do with—but don’t expect them to help you when you’re down and out. What does Tanya and her mother spend most of their time doing? Shopping (and everyone knows it).

Now, for those of you who think I jealous or envious, you’re wrong. I have no problem with a pastor living in a nice house and driving a new car. But, when almost all the church ministers are at the poverty level (and you know they are), while the leadership is living a life of intense luxury—something is seriously wrong. Why don’t you loyal ntccers open your eyes and see the obvious—that Davis has set up ntcc to make his family, and his only, incredibly rich. And he uses cult tactics to guilt trip everybody into giving their hard earned money to make them richer. (Even when I had no money to buy food for my family, or buy my kids clothes, I STILL paid my tithe). Are you aware that Davis’ house is valued at 1.1 million, and that Kekels’ is valued at $650,000. And both houses are decked out with the most expensive drapes, rugs, and furniture money can buy. Yet, if YOU want to buy a house, they will make you feel like you’re selling out God and putting the world first. How come they can have it, but you can’t?

So I left ntcc and it has been great. Yes, it was tramatic at first, because I felt like I had wasted 24 years of my life in a messed-up organization. But, God has blessed and I have made more money and been happier than anytime I was in ntcc. And I know it is God that has blessed me.They want you to think that those who leave ntcc are miserable, but it is ALL A LIE!!. Everyone I know who has left is doing great, and most find another church that appreciates them and lets them do what God wants them to do. There IS life after ntcc, and it is a whole lot better than what you have now.

Lastly, the reason I am speaking out against ntcc is because I am sick of the hypocrisy, the double standards, the fake holiness (where they dress holiness, but act without God’s love and mercy), the abusive pastors who never get punished, and the manipulation through fear and guilt of a lot of good men and women. NTCC has hurt a LOT of people. They have broken up families. They have destroyed good, godly men and women. They have caused much emotional and spiritual damage—sometimes permanently. Why does Tanya and her mother intentionally break up a marriage if one of the couples decides not to attend ntcc anymore? Where is that in the Bible? I thought Jesus said that what God has joined together, man should not separate? What hurt the most for me, was hearing that Davis and Kekel were going around lying about me, and saying I “misappropriated” money sent to us in PR. God and the angels in Heaven know that is a complete lie. They also say I left the church, because I wanted “money”. Sure I do—I was always living in poverty in ntcc, so why not want some money now that I’m out? I’m just trying to take care of my family like the Bible teaches. Davis and Kekel sure love money, and nobody seems to have a problem with that. At least I get my money honestly, without manipulating poor families into giving what they cannot, or jacking people up.

I honestly don’t know why some of you are still in ntcc. I guess, because they are so secretive of everything, and don’t let you talk to others in different works, you don’t see how bad things really are. When you do finally leave and look back with 20/20 vision, you’ll be shocked by what you see. And you’ll wonder why you didn’t leave years ago.

POSTED BY CASEY HAYES AT
4/01/2009 06:56:00 PM

Link to original:  http://truestoriesoflifeinthentcc.blogspot.com/2009/04/why-i-left-ntcc.html 

The original article has many relevant comments in addition to the main post.

No comments:

Tour NTCC Videos -- A Playlist

HOPCC EXPOSED Ron Denis' "House of Prayer" AKA "Denis' Den of Thieves"

HOPCC EXPOSED Ron Denis' "House of Prayer" AKA "Denis' Den of Thieves"
HOPCC / [Assembly of Prayer] Exploitation Exposed Click Picture To Learn More

Recent Posts

_______________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________